After several attempts (=launching that TASMO mission), my suspicions have been confirmed.
There is nothing wrong in that particular mission, thus there have been a sudden interference acted by an (unindentified, sorry) app running in my PC/system background. Thinking otherwise would drive to nothing, in short.
So, this is my (good for you) news.
And what are doing with “my” birdie, folks?
I did 🙂
I first thought it happens too in KTO as I was in a rush testing it at the beginning and forgot to check for the correct team. But further down testing, where i had more time to check things out more closely I realized, that KTO just works as it should.
Having a bit of an issue, I’ve installed Balkans with U2 cumulative update. When I go to launch into mission it goes to launching screen then CTD’s. Here’s the thing tho, I have Lorik Campaign’s installed and they launch fine. Any ideas?
Again make sure if you do not have 4.36.0 Balkans Theater installed, you install that first and then the update.
Balkans Changlog for Update 2
(Note: This changelog is for the Balkans theater updates only. Make sure you refer to this changelog for the updates that went into the Balkans theater from the KTO theater…Update 2 full changelog
- Updated F-16 skins from Dema
- AOA correction + U2 A2G Camera fix
- Fixed U2 Patrol Altitude A2G Camera
- Removed BDA, RECCE Patrol, and Patrol missions from U-2S
- Increased the "AfterburnerDetentClick" sound
- Removed old FM files
- Removed file in the incorrect location
- Updated some tiles around airbases and re-routed road paths around airbases
- Updated Casale airbase texture. Removed highway image
- Added Generic and Engineering List points to all airbases
- Added supply battalions back to the campaign files
- Removed trees from the end of runway 13 of Udbina airbase
- Fixed typo in F4Talk.csv
- F-15E Cockpit wing model: fixed slot position, radius, and texture set values
- Fixed some inconsistencies in the EF-2000 data
- Fixed wrong data merged for F-16 CFT flight models
- Fixed mipmap errors on some textures
- Removed tree features from airbases, bridges, and sceneries due to FPS hit
- Docs updated with Dolac and Sicily Range
- Updated Kneeboard textures for Balkans
- Another attempt at fixing some objective links
- Fixed van in building at Aviano AB
- Fixed texture bug on F-16C Block 50 HAF
- Updated Navaid listing
- Updated objective links. Made all airbases have a dead-end....(this will hopefully prevent vehicles from driving through bases)
- Updated numberous objective link routes
- Updated F-16 cockpit, throttle and stick textures
- Updated theater.map for tacview
- Fixed AIM120C drag for low alti and guidance delay
- Fixed bad frag
@Ripper Mate. I’ve had a long , 3 hour tour 🙂 , of all said airbases in that TE of yours.
…from Aviano, Matarelo, Bolzano, Tessera, Miramare … where landed eventually. , 4ship flight , SP.
Like navigation school, IFR , tacan , as weather is … crap.
On every one I’ve mentioned… I did touch’n’go (hmmm, but once, not 2 or more times in a row… now - to test this) … and to the next one.
One tanking before Miramare , was <2k already.
Flight landed after aar at Miramare… , but just for fun, I’ve hotrefuel and flew some more , acrobatics, buzzing tower … you know, pissing everyone off.
Guess… no CTD … but !! 🙂 … it did CTD on the end of the mission. (END)
================================== CRASHLOG =====================================
Falcon BMS.exe caused an EXCEPTION_BREAKPOINT in:
0000000004C748F6 Falcon BMS.exe, ObjectiveClass::SetParkingPointOccupied()+198 byte(s), E:\WIP\BMS\SVN\Code-4.36\CAMPAIGN\CAMPLIB\Objectiv.cpp, line 2065
Exception handler called in UnhandledExceptionHandler.
BreakpointBytes at CS:RIP: CC 48 83 C4 20 5B C3 CC CC CC 40 53 48 83 EC 20
That is completely different, BMS thinks I landed on the same parking spot, 2nd time , end mission. ctd.
Yeah, “infinite” mission time in SP , landing - taking off again , is still not supported fully in BMS… bu as I’ve said completely different story… also in SP.
So, your ctd is completely unrelated to mine , … and to me it didn’t happen on any of touch’n’go’s … 4 or 5 ? … anyway… just fyi … that is not TE/Theater (airbase/terrrain) related case, or it would happen everytime… probably some BMS beetle…
@white_fang many thanks for clarifying and to point me to rtfm 😑 . To be honest I didn’t notice that till test the new sound mod, it will turn external lights more bright and visible, so I have to try to understand how to bring that back to original. Engine sound it’s good but external lights it’s become too cartoonish for me.
It might be BMS all around, need to se KTO first, but:
Have you seen how the parking area look at night(s) in eg. Brnik airport?
Where no (plane) landing/taxi lights , there’s no details.
It is a gray area , with no details , flat gray polygon.
Don’t know the reason, maybe the pole lights/shadow cast combination
… but is clearly like in 1980 computer graphics… with taxi lights - which look good btw.
Can someone pinpoint the reason, … as I’m not convinced that it is my graphics settings, - as I’ve tried color stuff options in Ati/Radeon config “live - on tarmac” and is always the same, whatever contrast , hue, saturation balance
Why I mention pole-lights, there were problems with them before… they’ve changed in 4.35 , but I cannot recall how was then.
I can post a pic… but it is clearly visible when looking from pit on parking tarmac where is not lit by landing/taxi lights.
Clearly light poles aren’t working exactly right, but the light they cast is visible from air , just not from ground level … you tell me
it seems not all light sources cast light like they should,… yes its a picky detail , but kinda annoying one
also blue taxiway lights also don’t cast flood lightning , they are just simple “bulbs” - not light sources - but that is probably out of scope for theater , BMS in general
Here you can see what I’m talking about, nice CGI aka 1980’s commodore style, and that bloody pole-light which cast nothing… not even light