Axis Assign and X52 throttle rotary switches
ChrisBV last edited by
Greetings! It’s been a while!
I have finished installing and configuring BMS 4.36 (a huge shout-out to the entire BMS team for making it happen) and the only thing keeping me from getting back in the cockpit and firing up a campaign is… I can’t make my rotaries work like they’re supposed to
I’m currently using chihirobelmo’s outstanding Alternative Launcher, which has pretty much killed every remaining issue with my X52 HOTAS (awesome!). However, I am still unable to use my throttle rotaries to properly control antenna elevation and the range knob like I used to.
I can assign them both as axes without a hitch. However, their full range of motion is not recognised. Consequently, antenna elevation can only be set in-game to fully tilted up, fully tilted down or centred. The range knob won’t even acknowledge the detent and will only go from fully clockwise to fully counterclockwise and vice versa (no value in between).
At first, I thought it could be a problem related to the Launcher, but it turns out I can’t get any other result even with the sim’s default config menu.
Both rotaries work fine through their entire ranges of motion when tested, though. So I know the problem is not hardware-related.
Many thanks in advance!
ChrisBV last edited by ChrisBV
So, it took me the entire day to troubleshoot this and find a solution on my own. Posting the procedure for future reference:
- Download latest drivers;
- Unplug hardware (HOTAS & rudder pedals);
- Uninstall all related software (drivers & SST);
- Delete all related folders (@ Program Files, Temp);
- Delete all related registry entries @ HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput (labelled “SAITEK” and those beginning with “VID_06A3”);
- Reinstall software (make sure not to plug any hardware until the installer prompts you to!).
Now, both rotaries work as expected