I have decided to launch a new, dedicated thread for the Eurofighter Typhoon 3D cockpit overhaul and enhancement project for Falcon BMS. I’ll use this thread to keep you updated and will update this opening post with the links to the respective latest release of the Eurofighter Cockpit Package (EFCP).
The Eurofighter Typhoon 3D cockpit was originally developed by Qawa in 2008, with some minor assistance from myself. It was included in the optional Cockpit Pack released in conjunction with Free Falcon 5.0 in 2009. Due to the lack of a custom cockpit for the Eurofighter Typhoon in Falcon BMS I have decided to reintroduce the cockpit with Qawa’s permission.
@qawa (original cockpit and textures + new cockpit display model)
@Chichowalker (New photorealistic textures)
@eddropper (Integration support for OFM Theaters and miscellaneous tipps on tool usage, cockpit wings model from @Manos1981 external 3D model)
@Gadfly (Texture upscaling and image enhancement)
@ccc1tw (Model update to make it convertable to BML format)
@Scorpion82 (Cockpit Model updates, Wing Model tailoring, Canopy model, HUD Model, Cockpit Dat files, further Texture enhancements, documentation, overall project management and integration)
The Eurofighter Typhoon 3D cockpit in its present state is compatible with Falcon BMS 4.37.3.
NOTE: The latest state of the Eurofighter Typhoon 3D Cockpit and Advanced Flight Model are always included in the Other Fighter Mafia’s Add-On Theaters, along with additional database updates, which are excluded from this package.
- Cockpit model with animated throttle, stick and canopy
- Cockpit wings model
- Custom cockpit HUD model (NVG compatible)
- Cockpit flood lights
- Cockpit Mirrors
- F-16 cockpit legs model
- Photorealistic Textures (2048 x 2048 for main textures) resembling a Tranche 2/3 single seat aircraft’s cockpit layout
- Customised DASS Format on Centre MHDD
- Dedicated Warning Panel
- Partially dynamic Softkeys, Moding Keys, Sub-System Keys etc. with highlight bars and changing legends
- Several status and warning captions on the MHDDs and side consoles
- ~400 cockpit switch functions, fully rampstartable
- 44 pages manual incl. rampstart checklist
- Installation guide
- Still some graphical glitches and certainly room for model improvement
- No animated switches (switcholgy is designed to support unambigous selection of specific switch states, see manual for more details)
- Indicators functionality somewhat limited
Possible future enhancements:
- New indications (HSI with HDG/CRS readouts etc.)
- Further texture and model updates
- Updates to stay aligned with future versions of Falcon BMS
The cockpit and the Advanced Flight Model included in the package are approved to be used by the BMS Team and any Theater developers.
Have a good start into 2024!