@justonce01 and I are proud to provide you with this (Optional) Balkans Airbase Voice Modification! Here is the download link:
These files were made for free distribution for the Falcon 4 BMS Community. You use them at your own risk. I am not responsible for anything that happens to your Falcon 4 BMS installation as a result of your use of these modification files.
BACK UP ALL NECESSARY FILES BEFORE INSTALLING THIS UPDATE!!! Read the instructions and follow them! Back up your files!
What it does: The files in this modification were updated to allow for the Falcon BMS Air Traffic Controllers (ATCs) to say airbase names in their original voices (the voices you are used to hearing in Falcon BMS), and print the correct airbase names in subtitles. Airbase names were taken from the airbase object names as defined in the Balkans Theater Update Version 4.35.3 v 14808.0393 for every Airbase (103 total) in the Balkans Theater, as shown in Mission Commander. Airstrip vocalizations are generalized (e.g. “Bosnian Airstrip”). ATIS names were also updated to allow ATIS to (attempt to) say the proper name for all airbases, with airstrips using the generic form for any airbase/airstrip that has a valid ATIS VHF frequency assigned. ATIS uses built-in Microsoft Text to Speech software, so I am not responsible for any “mispronunciations” made by ATIS - blame Microsoft!
This modification is specific to the Add-On Balkans Theater and will not affect your KTO Theater or any other Add-On Theater(s) you may have installed. As a bonus, I also corrected a number of incorrect or poor-sounding pilot voice fragments (“frags”, e.g., “furball”, “platform” and several others, corrected voice frags for all pilots for “2-5” through “6-9” (which used the incorrect voice), and made some other minor ATC corrections and fixed inconsistencies between spoken words and subtitle text.
What was done: This modification contains 5 modified files:
1) …Add-On Balkans\Sounds\F4Talk95v1-0-0.csv
2) …Add-On Balkans\Sounds\fragfile.xml
3) …Add-On Balkans\Sounds\falcon.tlk
4) …Add-On Balkans\Sounds\TTSEval.dat
5) …Add-On Balkans\Campaign\stations+ils.dat
No other Falcon BMS or Add-On Balkans files were altered, changed, deleted, modified or updated.
Current Versions: The following versions were used to produce this modification:
- Falcon 4 BMS 4.35.3 (x64) Build 24585 by Benchmark Sims
- Add-On Balkans Version 4.35.3 v 14808.0393 by @Cougar56th
These modification instructions assume the user is familiar with Windows file structure and the file locations of their Falcon 4 BMS 4.35U3 installation and Add-On Balkans installation. It also assumes that the user has properly installed Falcon BMS 4.35U3 and Add-On Balkans Theater using the above latest versions (as of today).
In your Add-On Balkans folder (…Falcon BMS 4.35\Data\Add-On Balkans) locate these 5 files and save them to a safe place in case you want to revert back to the original files at some point in the future):
- …Add-On Balkans\Sounds\F4Talk95v1-0-0.csv (dated 11/1/2020)
- …Add-On Balkans\Sounds\fragfile.xml (dated 11/1/2020)
- …Add-On Balkans\Sounds\falcon.tlk (dated 11/1/2020)
- …Add-On Balkans\Sounds\TTSEval.dat (dated 11/1/2020)
- …Add-On Balkans\Campaign\stations+ils.dat (dated 1/4/2021)
Unzip the Balkans Airbase Voice_v1_00.zip into a convenient folder.
Once you have unzipped Balkans Airbase Voice_v1_00.zip, you will see 1 folder (“Add-On Balkans”) and this readme file. Read the readme file.
After ensuring you have saved your original files, open the “Add-On Balkans” folder in this extracted zip file, and you will see two folders (“Sounds” and “Campaign”).
a) Copy all four of the files from the “Sounds” folder from this extracted zip to your …Falcon BMS 4.35\Data\Add-On Balkans\Sounds folder, overwriting the four files currently in that folder.
b) Copy the one file (“stations+ils.dat”) from the “Campaign” folder from this extracted zip to your …Falcon BMS 4.35\Data\Add-On Balkans\Campaign folder, overwriting the stations+ils.dat file currently in that folder.
Verify you have all the right files in the right places, then start up Falcon BMS in Balkans Theater and go fly! Your ATCs will now tell you the correct airbase name for wherever you are flying from when making ATC calls for Approach, Departure, Tower and Ground (using the correct frequency, of course), in their own voices! ATIS information will also say and subtitle the proper airbase name for whichever airbase ATIS VHF frequency you have tuned to.
Uninstalling this modification:
- To uninstall this modification, simply copy your saved ORIGINAL files and paste them back into the original folders, overwriting the modified files.
Rev 1.0 (11/18/2021)
- Modified falcon.tlk with over 1200 new .wav files which were produced using Real Time Voice Cloning Toolbox/Source Voice to Text-To-Speech (RTVCT/SV2TTS) and my own proprietary single voice trained synthesizers and vocoders made specifically to clone Falcon BMS voices. Slavic airbase name .wavs were made by justonce01 using the same tool and my trained synthesizers/vocoders. See this link for details.
- Added 157 new Frags in fragfile.xml and corresponding frag additions in F4Talk95v1-0-0.csv.
- Minor corrections in F4Talk95v1-0-0.csv to mismatches noted between voice and text (including changes to Frags 2792, 2848, 2851, 2852, 2860, 2875 and 2876) to match spoken words.
- Modified/added airbase names in Line 24 of TTSEval.dat to allow for correct ATIS airbase names to be spoken and subtitled.
- Modified all entries for Tower, Ground and Approach frags and ATIS IDs in stations+ils.dat to make proper calls to airbase name frags and ATIS. No other items (frequencies, TACAN etc.) were altered in stations+ils.dat
Many thanks to Benchmark Sims and the Falcon 4 Community for keeping this outstanding flight simulator alive and kicking over 23 years of sim aviation history. Also credit is due to Corentin Jermaine for creating and granting open license to use the RTVCT/SV2TTS toolbox and to @blue-fish at the RTVCT GitHub site for helping me with developing the proprietary single-voice-trained synthesizers and vocoders for Falcon BMS voice cloning. Also great thanks and mad props to @justonce01 for learning how to use the RTVCT/SV2TTS and my single-voice-trained synthesizers and vocoders to produce accurately-pronounced names for Bosnian, Croatian, Slovenian and Yugoslavian airbase names, and to @Cougar56th for developing and maintaining the Balkans Theater effort.