Looking help for my Wartohg:(
questerymj last edited by
I got a strange problem on my 4 years old warthog these days.
It still worked well before 1~2 weeks , but I suddenly found the trim hat UP (ordinary use to control FOV ) keeping pressed (stuck). I send a customer service to TM and try some repair before I receive the reply. Here are my found:
1. The microswitch of trim hat is good. I change it and the trim hat up still shown pressed.
2. After unplug most of the connector of 4-way hats from controller PVC inside the grip, the trim hat up still shown pressed.
3. The trim hat left and right works. If I press trim hat down the “keep-pressed trim hat up” will disappear. Press trim hat up has no effect.
4. All other buttons on joystick grip work without any problem. X and Y axis too.
5. I had try update the firmware and no effect.
So the only problem is a stuck trim hat up. Could anyone give me some advices ?:(
If possible I really don’t with to send warthog back to TM to repair. It’s a long way to mail it to europe and back to Tawian…
And I would like to know if there are any way to disable/remap the trim HAT button in BMS 4.33. Because BMS will detect it automatically, with the trim hat up stuck I can’t fly completely because the 3D cockpit FOV will keep up.
Thanks in advance for any kindly advice!
If you are using the Target GUI to program make sure that if you are using a button that has to be held to function such as a pov comand to look up, where you have to hold to keep looking up and release to stop or in this case to snap back to forward you need to use a single button keystroke. Combinations like ‘shift+C’ will not work. You will need to modify the keystroke to a single key like just ‘C’ with no modifier. I’m not sure this is what your problem is but i had the same thing happen with other functions like the trim function. I think the default key commands are ‘shift+arrow keys’ but using that keystroke with the Target GUI made it stick and the trim wwould go all the way in the direction i pressed and stay there.