Those pesky X65F throttle innards
Failing to find any information regarding X65 innards, I took matters into my own hands.
Here’s some info.
The clockwork-like thing is connected to a sensor. It has three wires and they’re very badly soldered. It’s best not to remove that part as to avoid the soldering breakage. If connecting again, avoid shorting. The shock amperage is really small but obviously the sensor won’t work until the wires are connected right and neither shorts the other one. You should be able to touch the round flat sensor and have the clockwork sensor still work if it’s not shorted.
The bad part, the detents. I wanted to remove the lower detent while keeping or moving the upper one. HOWEVER, both detents are done using the very same mechanism. You have another photo of how the detent actually looks like, and one of them is on the top left of the first picture, just above the white sensor. It’s screwed from outside the rail with that white part going into the rail. You don’t need to unscrew all the rail assembly to remove the detent. Merely locate it and unscrew it. In my device one of the screws was occluded by a shaft for screwing the base together. What I did was to rip out the detent part once the other screw was out. It didn’t put up any fight.
Try not to remove any other parts of the rail assembly since it’s a PITA to get it aligned back, not to mention the clockwork-like sensor soldering.
The bottom part of the throttle assembly has some parts that touch the rails but with no function. I’d like to rip them out with pliers to remove friction - they’re plastic after all. But this is highly invasive and I need to think it out longer.
I’m not done with the broken slider yet.
Finally, a question: what grease to use? A person recommended me vaseline grease. The original grease requires moving the throttle up-down-up-down like a maniac before it gets hot enough to actually work.
I hate the shoddy throttle construction.
The two images are the upper part of the throttle’s base and one of the two detent parts, respectively.
Update: removing excess grease helps make the throttles work normally without warming it up first. I still haven’t removed the grease from the central part. I’m not able to move the throttle rails out of the throttle either. Maybe I’ll put some thin and durable towel on the rails to remove excess grease.
I also removed the plastic casing making the cables go through the bottom plastic plate. Pliers were necessary. As for the stiffness regulator, I yanked out the arches with pliers to prevent the throttle from being stiffer even on the lowest setting.
Right now it works normally through the bottom and top where I could remove excess grease. It’s only the middle where it’s still nonsensically stiff.
Edit: removing screws from the support railings makes the throttle looser too. Also, unscrewing the throttle from the rail allows for extra room for grease removal.
Here’s my flaky top slider pot from the inside. It looks totally non-serviceable.
During soldering the lower slider broke somehow. I’ll investigate it later, say, few weeks. I’m extremely happy with grease lackage. To remove grease from the middle, disconnect throttle part from the rail, then you have more leeway with turning the rail.
It appears that soldering made the stick lose strength settings from its own memory. Wow.