MITL Weapons problem
I’m having a problem with the MITL weapons. Every time i try to use GBU-15 or Delilah, as soon as I pickle i lose all connection with the ordinance. This even happens in the training missions. I have made sure i have the appropriate data link pods equipped and follow the training manual but still no luck. Any ideas? Is anyone else having this issue?
Did you select the proper antenna ? As your plane is faster than the GBU-15, it should be the rear one.
This happens sometimes but I don’t know why. Sometimes they work well, sometimes don’t.
I found a trick that usually works. Immediately after launch, change ANT Mode from Front to AFT. Rear antenna allows you to stay in contact with the weapon better than front ant. depending on the position of the weapon.
Hope it works for you!
Tried switching antennas too, no dice. Might have to delete everything and try a fresh install.
Reasons for no reception may be:
1. Wrong pod type or no pod
2. Weapons out of antenna reception angle - You can use the HSD to see the estimated position of the weapon and RTFM to see the angles that each antenna can cover.
3. AC orientation is causing the weapon to be out of antenna reception angle - Again RTFM to see the exact numbers and follow.
I had this issue too. You do not have to do a fresh install of Bms 4.33 as there is no bug.There are three simple things mentioned before now that works for me.
1. Set your Antenna to Aft when you launch weapon
2. Turn your aircraft away from the target and put the weapon on your side. Confirm this by looking at your HSD, there is line pointing from you datalink pod to the weapon in flight. You may have to zoom in to see this on the HSD
3. Maintain a stable flight to preventing your wing or part of aircraft from blocking the link from your datalink pod and the weapon. Anytime no signal is displayed, roll level and signal will be back. Constant signal is key to success with this weapon. However to guide against lost of signal, put the bomb in terminal mode and arm the fuse in time, with this the bomb will fly straight to target and detonate even if there is signal loss for whatever reason.
This steps works for me and hope you get it to work too.