Migbuster last edited by
23064** Detailed Description
AGM-65G no longer has dome covers and no longer needs uncage to blow them. Reported by user and confirmed by Testing via TE on 4/6 & 3/7 (F-16DM-52)
AGM-65D still has dome covers and is used as before when loaded singly or on the LAU-88 rack.
However Leech has reported that the expected behaviour should be different to how it was as the following:
Expected Behaviour Normally when a single AGM-65D or G per station is loaded , it is loaded without dome covers. Only one AGM-65G can be loaded on the on the LAU-117 station, so in regards to the AGM-65G, all is correct.
The inaccuracies arise with the function of the uncage, the dome cover blow procedure and when the AGM-65D is loaded.
1. When a single AGM-65 D is loaded per station, it should not have a dome cover.
2. When more than one AGM-65’s are loaded per station, the dome covers blow for the priority missile of each station, and not per missile. Meaning, that if you had 2 missiles on station 3 and two missiles on station 7, the dome cover would blow simultaneously for the priority missile on station 3 and the priority missile on station 7 (The dome covers on other missiles must be retained for protection during priority missile launch.
3. On the throttle, the uncage switch is pressed to uncage (activate) the missile. The first depression blows the dome cover (with the master arm switch in MASTER ARM) and provides video to the MFD. This switch is only active during the 3-minute SMS time-in period (NOT TIMED OUT) should the pilot deem it necessary to override the timer. This is not normally done and could damage the missile. It has no other function in Maverick employment
4. The SMS will automatically send the uncage signal to the selected and next to be selected stations when the EO WPN page is displayed, and power is available to the missiles. This will blow the dome covers (if the MASTER ARM switch is ON), activate the missile video, and command the missile to the selected LOS.
5. After the priority missile launches, the LAU-88A/A automatically blows the dome cover for the next missile on that launcher.
I-Hawk last edited by
IIRC G has no covers since the original implementation in 4.33
Regarding the rest, will see what can be done…
Jackal last edited by
But even until then, thanks a lot for your dedication and your time, dear Migbuster and I-Hawk.
Interesting (to say the least) to be learned.
Mavs aren’t just my favorite weapon, but it doesn’t mean that I’d not like to use them when necessary.
With best regards.